Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blog Name Change: Carmen's Canvas


Just a quick post to share the new name of my blog. I woke up one day last week with a strong desire to change the name of my blog to something concise and more definitive. So I decided to
let go of Poppies & Pencilshavings. The new name is Carmen's Canvas. I also considered Carmen's Cocoon (and am still debating it a little) because carmenscanvas.blogspot.com wasn't available. I wish I could contact the owner since she hasn't been on her blog since 2007. Anyhow, I settled for carmencanvas.blogspot.com instead.

I felt this was necessary as I'm honing down on my blog's identity (and my own).

Carmen's Canvas speaks to my aspirations of an artful and beautiful life. At times life can be ugly and hard. At times my life has been ugly and hard. And it occurred to me, by way of conversations, looking back at my journals, some of my travels, my illustrations, this blog, etc. that I have always tried to create beauty, lessons, and art out of ugliness, hardship and pain. Living artfully, from what I wear, to what I eat, to how I communicate with my daughter, to how I wish to love and be loved, to how I cocoon myself. One of the things I am coming to terms with about myself is that I am an introvert. This has been painful for me in the past because I felt like I missed out on certain connections in my family and friendships. I'm learning to stop questioning why I'm an introvert and instead making it work for me. Being an introvert has actually made my life rich in many ways, personally and professionally. I know that every body is not for me and that I am not for every body - and that is okay. There is a time and place for all of us in each others lives. I need to be honest about what makes me feel good and what is enjoyable to me. That leads to Carmen's Cocoon.

Carmen's Cocoon speaks to my need to be in my head on a regular basis. I often relish in solitude. It's where I go to regroup and recoup. I love being home. I even love traveling alone, sometimes. When necessary, I can work a room and even be the life of the party. I enjoy that too, but at some point in the week, I will need to "climb into" my haven. This blog is an extension of that haven. "I started this blog in February of 2010 as a personal creative outlet. My mind is a kaleidoscope, ever-changing and quite reflective. I was seeking a sanctuary where I could put on my rose-coloured glasses and have fun doing and sharing the things that my spirit thrives on. A pretty corner where I could experiment with my creativity and put my diverse set of talents, randomness and moodiness to good and beautiful use..." read more >

What do you think? Carmen's Canvas? Carmen's Cocoon?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I quite like Carmen's Canvas - to me, it speaks of unapologetic expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A best blog talk about all leather tote bags related news and also introduce latest style fashion otte bags, all of those at http://leather-tote-bags.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete